All right chummers, here is a recipe that lets you feed your closest chombas on the cheap. It’s as easy as making flash off an immie on Red. You’ll need yourself a big ass pot, a pile of seafood chum, and some veg. Feel free to use krill and soy substitutes if ya strapped for chyen.
- 1 pack of Seafood Chum* ( found in frozen foods aisle, contains shrimp, clams, mussels, squid tentacles, squid bits, and maybe some cuttlefish… I call it chum for a reason… )
- 1 pack shrimp ( or krill )
- 1 litre Chicken Broth
- 700ml Motts Clamato*
- 700ml Tomato Juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 250ml frozen corn
- 4-6 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced ( 1-2cm cubes )
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- pepper to taste
* Note – if you do not have Motts Clamato Juice on hand you can use 450ml of Tomato Juice, 150ml water, a dash of worschester sauce, 50ml of clam juice, a pinch of celery salt, and two dashes tobascco sauce.
- Saute mustard seeds in oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion, and saute for 3-5 minutes until glossy and partly translucent.
- Add garlic, saute for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, Clamato, tomato juice, and diced tomatoes. Add bay leaves, corn, celery, carrots, chili powder, paprika, and thyme. Stir, add pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Seafood Chum and shrimp and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes, let simmer until potatoes are tender but not mush.
Serves 6-10 hungry joeboys and razorgirls.
So the crew over at Sindome are on a funding drive to support the cost of hosting the game. Server time ain’t cheap, and even though it is a text based MOO she hits the server pretty hard. So I’ve done my part by ponying up $50, and I’ve tossed in some ideas into the rewards stew. I’ve also put together the funding thermometer. It has been added to my design work page.
I’ve had nearly 10 years of free entertainment from Sindome, I’ve been admin for going on 6 years, and it is always my pleasure to give back to a community that has been so critical in growing my social network, building my skill set, and finding me friends. I encourage any of the mixers, corpies, and general chummers out there to pony up some flash to help the game world that has created half the slang you use to confuse everyone else.
Because there are only two types of people in the world: Sindomers and Everyone Else.
I am trying to find a way to get the posts I toss up on other blogs to automatically re-syndicate here on my core blog. So far it is an epic failure. But I can do things like copy and paste, and trackbacks, and links!
So, here is a snippet from a recent post to the Sindome dev blog, The Scroll. I am offering up three of the many options one can take to terminate a character in Sindome, an RP (role playing) heavy game, without resorting to cliche insanity or suicide
Looking for some variation on the typical ‘split personality’ and
‘insanity’ clauses to change the nature of your character, or the ‘jump
from the roof of NLM’ method of self termination? Here are three great
ways to die on Sindome, in case you should be thinking of terminating
your oldbie character in favour of something new and exciting...
-Excerpt from Three Ways to Die