All right chummers, here is a recipe that lets you feed your closest chombas on the cheap. It’s as easy as making flash off an immie on Red. You’ll need yourself a big ass pot, a pile of seafood chum, and some veg. Feel free to use krill and soy substitutes if ya strapped for chyen.
- 1 pack of Seafood Chum* ( found in frozen foods aisle, contains shrimp, clams, mussels, squid tentacles, squid bits, and maybe some cuttlefish… I call it chum for a reason… )
- 1 pack shrimp ( or krill )
- 1 litre Chicken Broth
- 700ml Motts Clamato*
- 700ml Tomato Juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 250ml frozen corn
- 4-6 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced ( 1-2cm cubes )
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- pepper to taste
* Note – if you do not have Motts Clamato Juice on hand you can use 450ml of Tomato Juice, 150ml water, a dash of worschester sauce, 50ml of clam juice, a pinch of celery salt, and two dashes tobascco sauce.
- Saute mustard seeds in oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion, and saute for 3-5 minutes until glossy and partly translucent.
- Add garlic, saute for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, Clamato, tomato juice, and diced tomatoes. Add bay leaves, corn, celery, carrots, chili powder, paprika, and thyme. Stir, add pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Seafood Chum and shrimp and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes, let simmer until potatoes are tender but not mush.
Serves 6-10 hungry joeboys and razorgirls.